1. Purchase Assurance: You must purchase the new item entirely with your covered card and/or accumulated points from your covered card for yourself or to give as a gift. Cell Phone Protection: You must charge your monthly eligible cellular wireless telephone bill to your covered card. You are eligible for coverage the first day of the calendar month following the payment of your eligible cellular wireless telephone bill to your covered card. If you pay an eligible cellular wireless telephone bill with your covered card and fail to pay a subsequent bill to your covered card in a particular month, your coverage period changes as follows: 1. Your coverage is suspended beginning the first day of the calendar month following the month of nonpayment to your covered card; and 2. Your coverage resumes on the first day of the calendar month following the date of any future payment of your eligible cellular wireless telephone bill with your covered card. Trip Cancelation: You must charge the full amount of a Covered Trip to your Covered Card or in combination with your Covered Card and accumulated points on your Eligible Account or redeemable certificates, vouchers, coupons, or discounts awarded from frequent flyer program or similar program. MasterRental: You must initiate and then pay for the entire rental agreement (tax, gasoline, and airport fees are not considered rental charges) with your covered card and/or the accumulated points from your covered card at the time the vehicle is returned. If a rental company promotion/discount of any kind is initially applied toward payment of the rental vehicle, at least one (1) full day of rental must be billed to your covered card. You must decline the optional collision/damage waiver (or similar coverage) offered by the rental company. You must rent the vehicle in your own name and sign the rental agreement. Your rental agreement must be for a rental period of no more than fifteen (15) consecutive days. Rental periods that exceed or are intended to exceed fifteen (15) consecutive days are not covered.
3.You grant us a security interest in all individual and joint share and/or deposit accounts you have with us now and in the future to secure your credit card account. Shares and deposits in an IRA or any other account that would lose special tax treatment under state or federal law if given as security are not subject to the security interest you have given in your shares and deposits. You may withdraw these other shares unless you are in default. When you are in default, you authorize us to apply the balance in these accounts to any amounts due. For example, if you have an unpaid credit card balance, you agree we may use funds in your account(s) to pay any or all of the unpaid balance.
By agreeing or otherwise authenticating above, you are affirmatively agreeing that you are aware that granting a security interest is a condition for the credit card and you intend to grant a security agreement.
- You promise that everything you have stated in this application is correct to the best of your knowledge. If there are any important changes you will notify us in writing immediately. You authorize the Credit Union to obtain credit reports in connection with this application for credit and for any update, increase, renewal, extension, or collection of the credit received and for other accounts, products, or services we may offer you or for which you may qualify. You understand that the Credit Union will rely on the information in this application and your credit report to make its decision. If you request, the Credit Union will tell you the name and address of any credit bureau from which it received a credit report on you. It is a crime to willfully and deliberately provide incomplete or incorrect information in this application.
- If you are applying for a credit card, you understand that the use of your card will constitute acknowledgment of receipt and agreement to the terms of the Consumer Credit Card Agreement and Disclosure.
4. Date pulled on 07/27/23 from Discover: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/0-percent-intro-apr-credit-cards/?ICMPGN=SUBNAV_CCF_LOW_INTEREST
5. Data pulled on 07/27/23 from American Express:https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/?inav=menu_cards_pc_viewallcards&category=low-interest
6. Data pulled on 07/27/23 from Venmo: https://www.synchronybankterms.com/gecrbterms/html/VenmoApplyTerms_combo.htm
7. Data pulled on 07/27/23 from Chime: https://www.chime.com/blog/what-is-apr-on-a-credit-card/
8. Data pulled on 07/27/23 from Apple: https://www.goldmansachs.com/terms-and-conditions/Apple-Card-Customer-Agreement.pdf