POSITION REPORTS TO: Lead Teller / Branch Manager
The primary focus of this position is to provide quality service in daily teller operations while selling a full range of credit union products and services to existing an prospective members. Employee will be responsible for the custody and control of currency and negotiable instruments. Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions for members in person, via phone, and through the mail including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashiers' checks, money orders, and cash advances. Balances each day's transactions and verifies cash totals. Performs specific assigned side jobs including various clerical and receptionist functions, and assists other staff as required. Serves members promptly and professionally.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Great customer and member service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with good grammar and spelling. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on the phone.
- Strong management and coaching skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer and telephone systems, including MS office and other computer applications.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Active work; standing, reaching, kneeling, stooping, bending and manipulating small and large objects most of the time. Requires occasional lifting (>25 lbs).
Please submit application to: Careers@embers.orgGo to main navigation